Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Overcoming pain

There are two types of pain, in the past day, that I have taken on.
Well, I am not sure if I actively "took on" both but apparently everything happens for a reason.
I would like to start by saying I have my first official marathon injury. That means I am a real athlete! Not that having an injury is fun, by any means, but now when I catch up with "running colleagues" I too can talk about my injury. Exciting times.
Well having both of my achilles tendons hurting like buggery is actually quite painful but I figure if I give them the silent treatment and ignore their constant whingeing they will stop their tantrum. Only problem is that running shoes may have to go back to therapy after I talk to them about injury being from their age -have a feeling running shoes are too old for marathon (also have a feeling body is too old for marathon but as yet haven't found a shop to buy a new body).
When it comes to another form of pain - one that is inflicted by someone else - I figure I will treat it just like my achilles tendons. Silent treatment. Ignoring constant whingeing and cries for attention and, most importantly, recognising I don't have to put up with child like behaviour. Getting angry and throwing darts at ex's picture also helps. Definitely had my cranky pants on. Great news about pain making you angry is that you no longer seem to care about that person anymore. Could it be that instead of still being in love with two men I now only love one? Could it really be that easy? Might have to get back to you on that one because I am a woman and it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

(Note to self: must make friends with running colleagues to discuss - and brag about - my achilles injuries.)


No comments:

Post a Comment