Monday, July 5, 2010

A moment of silence

We are all busy. There is not enough time in the day. Washing the dishes is enough to cause a panic attack with no "time" to wash them. Work is a priority. Family is a burden. Friends demand too much time. Life really is a bitch.
Then in the blink of an eye, someone is gone. They will never be back. Not to burden you or demand any of your time. Funnily enough you want them back no matter how much of a burden.
Maybe that person that is gone is you. Looking from above wondering, "What if?" Or, "Why didn't I do that while I had the chance?" "Why did I give so much weight to the dishes or the housework or taking out the garbage?"
If you are reading this then you are still here. You still have a chance. Forgive someone. Tell someone you love them. Take a risk. Don't even have one regret if you are the one looking down.
I remember watching an interview with a lady in her sixties and she was asked if she had any advice for the younger generation. Her answer, "All I know is that the day I lie dying I don't want the last thing I think of to be, geez I wish I had eaten that doughnut!"
So eat that doughnut. Or the metaphor that applies to you. And even if that metaphor isn't eating a doughnut, eat one anyway. Then do what you need to do and whatever you do...
Don't wait until tomorrow. You may be a day too late.

(This post is dedicated to not only the ones we have lost but also the ones that still remain.)

2 comments:

  1. :) so true.... appreciate every day, every hour, every second... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always eat doughnuts!!

    I agree with you 110%

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete