Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tall, Dark and Handsome

So I was 11km in (still walking, no running in sight) and I spot him.
He was very handsome there on the trail, the trail I walk every day (almost).
We both checked each other out and I swear there was a connection.
I wonder if I really need this in my life, after all I am already trying to "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" two of my ex's and I don't need another one to mess me up further.
So we stare at each other, both of us wondering who will make the first move and I know if it his him I will get hurt (again!)
He sticks his tongue out at me and I think: how rude.
All I know is, I am not walking 11km back because he is in my way. I wonder who is braver. I decide I am and think (quietly so no one can hear me) if I do get hurt, by being brave yet again, then I won't have to do the marathon. It is such a dilemma.
I needn't have worried, just like my ex's, he scurries away like the coward he can be and no doubt to his own man cave.
Marathon still on, heart in check, no pain...maybe it is a good thing.
Wonder what kind of snake that was. Must look him up. He may come in handy if I need an exit strategy from marathon - or any of life's problems really.

(Note to self: must get his number if I see him again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment