Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 1

I thought for my first day of training I would get up early. Seemed better than the evening when I am tired and know I won't want to do anything.
Body and I were still exhausted from last nights "talk." Went better than I thought - at first - then body seemed to grasp full reality of situation and sulked for most of the night. Continued to sulk when alarm went off this morning (I too was sulking, but I seem to be tougher than my body) and there was a great deal of me dragging body out the door. Body is like a two year old sometimes.
Once out the door had no real plan, so decided to walk along footpath and hope it lead to somewhere fun (like OZ or Matt Damon training for his next movie).
Good to be moving after six years of quality time with couch (realise must have "break up talk" with couch. Shame really, best relationship I ever had), body seems to be enjoying the outing also. This marathon stuff doesn't seem too hard. Mind you, no running today just walking. Didn't want body to have a nervous breakdown on first day.
Plan for tomorrow: must work out how far 14.6km is. For some reason that seems like it might be important.

(Note to self: Must stretch before and after training. Legs are having small meltdown and won't move.)

No comments:

Post a Comment