Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My First Marathon

So today I notice an ad for a marathon. At first I skip over it, like I normally do with anything relating to exercise, but today something makes me go back to it.
I think to myself, why not? After all I haven't done any form of exercise for six years now, so surely I am in peak physical condition to run a 14.6km marathon. I mean how hard can it really be? People run marathons all the time, if it was too hard no one would do it. Right?
I don't sign myself up for the Run for Kids marathon on the 14th of March immediately (that would be too much pressure), instead I do what any athlete preparing for a marathon does - put on my running shoes. I figure that is a great start to my running regime.
Trouble is, I can't quite remember where my running shoes are and have to pull out everything from my closet to find the damn things. Crisis averted, shoes are found. Now must put them on and start training...only I realise that pulling everything out of my closet was like running a marathon. So congratulate myself on a great first day of training.
Must apply for marathon tomorrow to make it official. Decide sleeping on it is a better idea, just in case I have a nightmare I am Arni in The Running Man and chicken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment