Saturday, March 27, 2010

Doing Nothing

Don't you hate it when you aren't in control? When you feel like you have lost all the power in a situation and you have no way of gaining it back?
Clearly that is how I am feeling because I am talking about it today (and we all know how selfish I am when it comes to blog topics!)
So here's the deal. I like to be in control of everything. I like making a plan and then making it happen. I don't talk: I do. Now, this is all very well and good when it comes to most things but in relationships another person is involved and so my plan isn't always their plan. It makes for fun viewing if you happen to be that fly that lives on the wall that we all wish we could be.
So what I have to realise is that when things aren't going to my plan, wish list, vision board, photo wall, shrine or billboard that there is no need to panic. Maybe this is actually the plan. For me to take a step back and let things happen of their own accord. That's right folks suddenly the super obsessive, anal retentive, control freak (me) has to sit there and do NOTHING! (I am having a minor breakdown as I write this because doing nothing wasn't actually in my vocabulary before this blog.)
Decided doing nothing looks a little like this: buy as many canned goods as possible as if I am "going to the mattresses," buy all seasons of Gilmore Girls for distraction and get subscription to wine delivery so don't have to leave house. Doing nothing actually sounds like fun.
Feel great now that Universe is in "charge" of next stage of life and the adventures of Paula. Now Universe can I just make some small requests? If I can just pick the genre of my next adventure that would be lovely. My fav's are horror's, thrillers, disaster flicks, anything with killer sharks in it, horses would also be good, romantic comedies are just silly, Adrien Brody can make an appearance, can it be set in the time of Jack the Ripper so I can find out who he was...
Sorry? 
What's that? 
I am being controlling? 
Now listen here Universe if this is going to work out you are going to have to listen to me. 
Where are you going? 
Don't walk out on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment