Friday, March 19, 2010

Doing the Timewarp

Okay, so looking for Prince is not as easy I thought.
Went to work and rather than saying, "Have a nice day!" I said, "So are you single?" Didn't seem to go too well and boss gave me a talking to.
Back to drawing board or more like back to something I have been putting off since its inception...internet dating.
Never been a big fan. Never really understood it ( and still don't!) Yet for millions of people around the world it is the only way they date.
So have decided to get with the times and jump online.
First decision: which dating site to go with. Too many for my liking and almost talked myself out of it at this point.
Finally decided on site that seemed to be tailored to finding your compatible match rather than any Tom, Dick or Harry being able to get in touch with you. (Although truth be told if Tom, Dick or Harry are cute and ride black stallion then please call me.)
Took me over an hour to fill out my questionnaire about myself. Felt like I was back at school and I wondered if I could fail my own questionnaire? Lucky they had sample answers and they seemed pretty good, so went with those - not sure if that would classify as cheating but this is very serious business and don't want to make any mistakes.
Second decision: choosing photos. Oh dear, this is quite stressful. Finding Prince relies on good photo. Found great one of me ten years ago looking young and fabulous. Perfect!
Signed up and opened bottle of red wine and waited for Princes to arrive into my inbox. How fabulous that I don't even have to get out of my pyjamas to date. Suddenly get appeal of dating over internet!
Matches started arriving in quick succession (I am like sooooo popular!)
Start looking at profiles and think there must be a mistake. All matches are over 50, have three children or more, smoke and drink many times a day.
Oh dear. Wonder where I went wrong, then realise cheating on questionnaire has consequences.
Damn!
Have to redo questionnaire, but am pleased that have now drunk whole bottle of wine, so surely answers will be much better this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment