Saturday, March 6, 2010

One Second Rule

Sometimes life gets you down. One event or a series of events can make you feel like all hope is lost. The reason I bring it up is because this is exactly how I have been feeling this week (lucky I have a blog to be self indulgent on huh?!)
Maybe it is because I haven't done much training, with starting a new job and still having the blisters from hell, or maybe because my heart got re-broken twice in one week. I have a feeling it is the latter somehow, don't you? Like no training is going to get me down!
So the question for me is not when to let go but when to give up hope. Without hope that one day, when you least expect it, you will get what you want and in that second life will change. That is all it takes, one second. We may wait a lifetime but when it happens it is instantaneous. A phone call, a knock at the door, an email or while out shopping when you look your worst and there they are...and suddenly, just like that, life falls back into place.
So what if you know that that will happen one day but you are ready RIGHT NOW! Yeah tough one huh??!! And if you thought I was here to answer that question then you are very much mistaken...all the advice I have for you is get a hobby, eat vanilla ice-cream with sprinkles (for some reason this is working for me right now!) Read a book, watch a movie and most importantly don't wait for something to happen. Live the life you want while you are waiting for the "real one" to begin, you never know what may creep up and bite you on the ass - in a good way of course!
So in my vanilla ice-cream and sprinkles coma I choose to continue to hope, even if it may mean I am delusional, and I know that one day, when I least expect it, I will get my one second and what a second it will be.

(Note to self: When this one second happens try and refrain from sticking out tongue and saying to doubting Thomas's, "Ner ner na ner ner".)

1 comment: